In the months before going to the trade show, you have your entire list on what to bring, how to set up, what to hand out, which customers you want to stop by, etc.
Did you ever stop and think about how to be more effective with your Public Relations Strategy?
Here are some quick tips for effective PR while at the show.
- If you are announcing a new product or service, find out what business and trade media are attending so you can invite them to stop by your booth.
- Using email, social media and snail mail invitations, send out a short announcement on what new things will be featured at your booth. Send this announcement to new and prospective customers, vendors and both trade and business journalists.
- If you are making a huge new announcement, think about planning a press conference at your booth or sometimes trade shows will have a media room you can reserve prior to the show.
- Think about talking to just ONE journalist to offer that publication an exclusive on your new product or service.
- Have information on your company both in printed form and on a jump drive. You might even think about developing a smart code that someone can download from their phone.
- While at the show, stop by the press room to see if you can connect with a reporter that may have not been able to stop by your booth. Leave him or her a message that if their schedule opens up to give you a call on your cell phone.
- Don’t underestimate the power of samples or of providing an incentive for both the media and your customers to stop by your booth. A chance to win a golf vacation or a new iPad by dropping in your business card can create extra traffic to your booth.
For more tips, contact me: Nancy Valent, 216-513-8740 or [email protected]